DetailsBacterial Contamination of Water
A firsthand look at water contamination by bacteria.
Investigate the environmental issues caused by waterborne bacteria. Your class will test a variety of water samples they collect for possible contamination by coliform and other bacterial strains. They’ll also perform a total plate count of bacteria and observe bacterial smears under a microscope. Your students will-
- Understand the sources of bacterial contamination in water
- Collect water samples and inoculate agar plates
- Identify and count bacterial colonies
- Observe bacterial smears under the microscope
- Learn the effects of bacterial contamination of water on human health and ways to minimize the risk of contamination
Accommodates class size of 40 students.