Manual Orbiter, Sun, Moon & Earth
Orbiters are scientific working models representing the sun, earth, and moon and their relationships. They are designed to demonstrate basic earth and moon motions and to explain the causes of day and night, seasons, and phases of the moon.
Basic Investigations with the Orbiter are:
- How the earth’s rotation causes day and night
- How the earth’s revolution around the sun and the tilt of its axis causes seasons
- Why the sun rises in the east and sets in the west
- Why there is a midnight sun
- Why there are eclipses and More!
Arm Length: 15 Inches
Sun Diameter: 6 Inches
Earth Diameter: 4 Inches
Moon Diamter: 1 Inch
Special Notice: The arm, the Earth and the Moon of this orbiter rotate manually around the Sun. The tilt of the Earth is kept in a static position as it is rotated.